Host Entity Registration - Online Volunteering
Registration in UVP
1. HE - Learn about UNV - Familiarize with UNV’s expectations for host entities.
3. UVP - Check registration - Check registration requirements – password and email address.
4. HE - Choose ‘entity’ - Choose ‘I’m an entity’.
Create new account
1. HE (UN agencies) - Complete registration - Click the profile icon in the top right corner and click “Edit Host Entity”. Choose ‘United Nations’ organization type and enter organization information – organization name, address, mission and objectives, and acronym. Complete and click ‘Submit’.
2. HE (CSOs) - Complete registration (upload supporting documents) -
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner and click “Edit Host Entity”. Choose ‘NGO or other civil society organization’ organization type and enter organization information – organization name, address, mission and objectives.
- Provide and upload supporting documents to prove compliance with eligibility criteria (certificate of registration, due diligence clearance). Complete and click ‘Submit’.
Provide information or link to the information page on eligibility criteria and requested documents.
3. HE (Gov/IO) - Complete registration (provide activities, references, and volunteer engagement) -
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner and click “Edit Host Entity”. Choose ‘Government or public institution’ organization type and enter organization information – organization name, address, mission and objectives.
- Provide information on three organization’s projects and activities, two references from outside the organization (name, position, organization, email) and Volunteer engagement. Complete and click ‘Submit’.
4. UNV - Review registration -
- Check organization profile information, consult references (Gov/IO only) and check supporting documents (CSO only).
- Ask questions or request edits if needed, using the ‘feedback’ function – enter feedback information, adjust email template and complete with ‘resolve’, otherwise proceed with step 11.
5. UVP - Notify HE - Send notification email with feedback to HE account user.
6. HE - Edit profile - Answer questions and/or login on UVP and address requested edits. Re-submit to UNV.
7. UNV - Approve/reject request - Approve new organization account creation request against eligibility criteria and according to agreed standards. Reject if non-compliant with eligibility criteria.
8. UVP - Notify HE - Send notification email of organization account creation request approval or rejection.
9. HE - Update profile - Update organization profile information as needed.
Join existing account (UN entity only)
1. HE - Join account - Choose to join existing UN account, choose account from existing HE entity list.
2. HE - Approve or decline join request - Review join request.
3. UVP - Notify requester - Send notification email of decline to the requester.
4. UVP - Notify account owner - Send notification email to the organization account owner of joint request.
5. HE - Approve/decline profile - Check profile information and approve/decline account creation request.
6. HE - Complete profile - Enter personal profile information – name, email address.
7. UVP - Link user - Link new user to the organization account.
Invite new user
1. HE - Invite new user - Under ‘Host Entity Admin’ perform ‘invite’ task – enter information (email, name, gender), choose role and language, and invite an additional user to organization account.
UN agencies can invite and assign following roles:
- Hiring manager or supervisor.
CSOs and govts/IOs can invite and assign following roles:
- Account owner, hiring manager.
2. UVP - Send invitation - Send invitation notification email to new user. Send separate email with password to log in.
3. HE - Login - Log in to UVP using email address and password sent by the system.
4. HE - Complete profile, change password - After log-in, edit user profile information, if needed, and change password.
1. HE - Create new password - Click on ‘Forgot your password?’ on login page and verify email address. Enter and confirm new password.